Your privacy's important to us, we understand that you are providing us your personal information and have the right to know how we will use it. We appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice tells you about the personal data we hold about you and describes what we will collect from you, how it will be used and shared and, of course, what rights you have.
- Who are we?
- What information we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- How will we share your information?
- How long will we store your information?
- How do we secure personal data?
- Your rights and how to contact us
1. Who we are?
You are providing your information to sole trader Lee Attard trading as Toon World (also referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’
Our website address is www.toon.world
2. What information do we collect?
When you access and move around Toon World, register an Account with Toon World or purchase a product from Toon World, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- A username and password
- Name, date of birth, age and sex
- Billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s)
- Your Images and other User Content
- Correspondence with and from Toon World
- Your preferences about receiving communications from Toon World
- Information about your use of Toon World, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us. In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send them a Product). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
We collect and process information about you from a number of sources, including information you give us and information we collect from your use of our services.
We collect the following information directly from you:
When you leave comments/reviews on our website we collect the data shown in the comments/reviews form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
You may supply us with information about yourself by filling in various forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you submit a contact/enquiry form or a subscribe to our newsletter form. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
To make full use of the www.toon.world website and to benefit from certain features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The www.toon.world website (like many other e-commerce websites) will not work when certain cookies are blocked.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We collect your IP address and other anonymous information through Cookies when you use our website.
This helps us understand how people are using our website and monitor any errors that users may be experiencing. We use this information to identify how and where we can improve the user experience.
3. How do we use your information?
We’ll use your information to provide you with services, products and/or information that you request from us.
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by affiliated companies, third party partners (such as our product fulfilment, delivery and payments partners) and other data processors to enable us to provide services and products to you.
When you sign up to Toon World and agree to our Terms & Conditions., we need to process certain data that allows Toon World:
- to provide our services to you in accordance with our agreement
- to create personalised products selected by you
- to associate your account, and your product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity
- if you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order
- to process payments you make for products
- to pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience
- to tailor aspects of www.toon.world (including content, business information, user experience, search function and offers etc) to you
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) in relation to the products or services you have purchased
- to delivering marketing and events communications
- to carrying out polls, surveys, internal research and development purposes
- to meet internal audit requirements
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by Toon World itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider (ie Stripe or PayPal). The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Note that, when using a stored Payment Method to make payment for your Toon World order, certain techniques will be used to assist in maintaining the security of the details of your stored Payment Method. For example, not all of the payment card number will be visible to you (typically, all except the final four digits will be masked), and you will be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that Payment Method. To remove or change a stored Payment Method, please follow the procedures specified on the website or App.
If you are asked to provide a phone number for a Product you are ordering, note that the phone number will be provided to the deliverer of your order - to assist with the delivery process.
We may use automatically collected anonymous information about your use of Toon World. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Toon World you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Toon World. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Toon World, and to help target aspects of Toon World and advertising to you more accurately.
We will use information we automatically collect about you;
- To administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- For security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to information that identifies you as an individual. We use Google Analytics to track this information. Find out how Google uses your data at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
We monitor how people interact with our website so we can make improvements to its functionality and improve and personalise your experience.
4. How will we share your information?
In order to provide you with our services, we need to share some of your information with other people/partners. Our promise to you is that we won’t sell your information to anyone.
Such partners will process your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. In some instances, these partners, not Toon World, are responsible for the protection of personal information under their control. By making a purchase on Toon World, you are directing us to share your information in this way. Since this is an important part of the services we provide, we need to do this in order to perform our obligations under our Terms & Conditions.
To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Information technology (hardware and software) companies
- Print on demand companies
- Payment processing companies
- Manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers
- Delivery and courier services
- Fraud prevention companies
- Advertising and marketing services companies
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Toon World’s business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Toon World, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Toon World about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- We wish to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements to which you are party, or to protect our rights, property, safety, customers, or others.
5. How long will we store your information?
We will only store your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected or – where the law provides for longer retention periods – for the duration of the retention period needed for us to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. After that your personal data will be deleted.
If you leave a comment/review, the comment/review and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
6. How do we secure personal data?
While we take all necessary and reasonable steps to keep your information secure, no security system is impenetrable and, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise, will be absolutely safe from unauthorized access by others.
Your payments are handled over an encrypted connection or via a secure third-party data processor.
Access to personal data on our databases is subject to reasonable technical safeguards and is restricted to authorized staff on a strict need-to-know basis.
It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account credentials and notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our Services or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. We may post a notice via the Services if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Toon World through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Toon World Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
If you are using a public computer (public library, school computer, etc.) or a shared computer (family computer, roommate’s computer, etc.), we strongly recommend that you sign out of your Toon World account and close your browser before getting up and moving away from the computer. This will prevent others from accessing your account and information
7. Your rights and how to contact us
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (known as a Subject Access Request)
- The right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request)
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time by emailing us on [email protected] or if you have an account setup with Toon World you can request these options straight from your account dashboard on www.toon.world/my-account/your-data/
Links to third party sites
Our Website may contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 1 February 2020. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this Notice.